HAGLEY PARK SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH
A member congregation of the East Jamaica Conference of Seventh-day Adventists and the world-wide family of Seventh-day Adventist Churches.
Our Mission is to be Christ-like, faithfully proclaiming the Gospel of Salvation by faith in Jesus Christ to all; Ministering through the total participation of our members; Using all our Talents, Gifts, Training, and Opportunities to meet the Spiritual, Educational, Mental, Physical and Social needs of our church and community, to result in Unity, Fellowship, Spiritual and Numerical growth.
The Hagley Park SDA Church began in 1946 on the veranda of a resident in the Three Miles area of Kingston 11. The church later moved to three other locations to facilitate the growing membership.
It was during the 1950's that several members from different SDA churches met at the home of Bro. Tomlinson on Payne Avenue in Kingston 11. Hurricane Charlie did extensive damage to the wooden structure where this company of believers met, and this prompted them to organize a search party to find a spot where they could build a permanent structure.
Under the guidance and help of Pastor Stockhousen, who was then President of the Jamaica Conference; the site adjoining the Liquid Food Soda Company on Gretna Green Avenue was purchased, built upon and the Gretna Green SDA Church was dedicated to the Lord in 1957.